This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is always great for the holidays or any time for that matter, especially when you have a sweet tooth These soft, fluffy, cinnamon cookies are easy to make with a standing mixing and take only a few minutes to bake in the oven.
Roll the dough balls so they look like this.
Only eight ingredients for needed for the cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with standing electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, beating until mixture is fully combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well combined.
- Add 3 Tbsp. sugar and 1½ Tbsp. cinnamon in a separate small bowl. Roll dough mixture into 1 -inch balls, and roll into mixture. Place dough balls on parchment paper on baking sheets, and flatten slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Bake for 15 minutes for a crispier cookie. Cool on wire rack for about 30 minutes.