Improv Oven just got a whole lot healthier! Everyone loves a good salad, but sometimes a head of iceberg lettuce and some store bought salad dressing just doesn’t cut it. We wanted to share one of our favorite salad recipes that also includes a homemade lemon sour cream salad dressing.
Apples, walnuts, celery, arugula and your homemade salad dressing is all you need. Though the key to this recipe is in the dressing. We have a few acidic ingredients in lemon and white wine vinegar that might make the dressing a little bitter but adding sugar will counteract that bitter flavor and make the dressing taste great.
We used Gala apples, but feel free to use you favorite variety!
The fresher the ingredients the better the flavor.
Make sure to pile on the walnuts after you’ve added everything.
Mix the salad together well and you’re ready to eat. This is a perfect salad recipe for either lunch or dinner or anytime for a quick snack.
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 Gala apple, sliced thin
- ½ cup whole walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl crush together garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice to form a paste.
- Add sour cream, continue mixing.
- Add white wine vinegar and mix until well combined.
- In a large mixing or salad bowl add arugula, celery, apples, and walnuts.
- Add dressing and mix together. Serve when ready.