If you’re healthy like us and love breakfast, then this egg white omelette is the perfect recipe for you. The omelette is one of the easiest and also one of our favorite recipes to create. Separate two eggs, a little cheese and the meat of your choice for a great fluffy healthy breakfast, and only takes about a minute or two to make from start to finish. Although you can fill the omelette with just about anything, we’re keeping it simple today, just meat and cheese. Though feel free to add anything you like, other ingredients to consider are tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms.
HOW TO SEPARATE EGG WHITES FROM EGG YOLKS
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 slice deli style ham, chicken, or turkey
- 1 tbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs on a flat surface, to crack open its shell. Open up the egg over a bowl. Allow the yolk to rest in one of the open halves. Pour the yolk into the other half of the shell, letting the egg white drip into the bowl. Discard the yolks. Add pinch of salt and pinch of pepper, and whisk them together.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium to medium-low heat until a light smoke appears. Make sure oil coats entire frying pan.
- Pour the egg whites into the pan and allow to cook all the way through lifting pan slightly towards the outsides of the pan forming a firm bottom with the top still looking a little wet.
- Sprinkle the meat and cheese and place in the middle of the omelette. Fold other half of omelette over with spatula to create a half moon sealing the meat and cheese and cook for a few seconds to let cheese melt. Serve and eat immediately.