Buon appetito Improv Oveners, you’re in for a real treat with this classic Italian seafood pasta recipe! Tonight we’re preparing our famous Italian grandmother’s linguine with white clam sauce! This is sure to be a hit for dinner. The best part of all: this recipe is easy and inexpensive and takes about 20 minutes to make! It’s a family favorite any night of the week. Learning how to cook a variety of pasta dishes is crucial for anyone who is tight on a budget or just wants to add another dish to their list of quick and easy dinner ideas. Feel free to use any pasta for this dish as well, (we love linguine though), and… feel free to go crazy for clams and add as many as you want. We suggest only 2 cans for this recipes, but who are we kidding? The more the better!
This recipe is perfect for 2 people, but odds are you’ll have plenty left over for seconds.
Though not included as part of this recipe, be sure to accompany this dish with some of you’re favorite Italian bread to soak up the juices when you’re done with the pasta, it’s the best part!
- 2 cans (6.5 oz. each) chopped baby blams, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 jar (8 oz.) all natural clam juice
- 8 oz. dry linguine pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. About 8-10 minutes.
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in clam juice; bring to a boil for about 3 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir in clams, parsley and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked linguini pasta. Garnish with more parsley and red pepper flakes as needed and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.