Howdy! Welcome to the very first post of Improv Oven! This site is a long time coming of all our favorite recipes, using the simplest and often the most common ingredients in your kitchen. What a way to start with other than our favorite chicken Alfredo pasta.
This recipe is simple. It tastes great. And takes less than 30 minutes to cook.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccini
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta to package instructions. About 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- For Chicken: Heat skillet or frying pan on medium heat. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken and place on skillet. Cook for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- For Alfredo Sauce: In separate skillet or saucepan, warm butter on medium-low heat. Add milk and whisk together. Add cheeses and remaining salt and pepper, stirring fequently. Heat until cheese has melted.
- Pour Alfredo sauce onto pasta and mix well. Add chicken. Serve while hot.