The perfect meal for when you have little or no time to cook, but want something easy and comforting is the one pot or one skillet meal. The recipe we put together is one the easiest you’ll ever make.This is pretty much an sausage Alfredo pasta with a few modification from the traditional Alfred.o sauce It requires less than 10 ingredients and takes less than 3o minutes to make. The flavors are savory, creamy, and oh so cheesy. What’s great about the recipe as well is that it uses many common ingredients you already have in the kitchen: sausage, penne pasta, frozen spinach, milk, onions and garlic. This creamy spinach and sausage recipe will sure to be a hit for dinners to come.
Step by Step:
Brown the Italian sausage in a skillet on medium heat.
Add the onions first and sautee and then add the garlic.
Add the milk, and don’t forget to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get all the good bits from the sausage. Throw in the uncooked pasta, cover it, bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
Add the frozen spinach, little by little so you don’t overflow the skillet when stirring it in.
The pasta is looking real good right now, huh?
Mix is in real good. Mouth watering yet?
Throw some cheese on it, let it melt, stir it in.
If your mouth wasn’t watering before this cheesy goodness will sure do the trick.
And you’re done. Stir is a few more times, make sure the pasta is cooked through and enjoy. Serve hot. This will be a meal your kids will want again and again.
- 1 lb smoked Italian sausage, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 slices (about 3-4 oz.) sliced mild cheddar cheese
- Thinly slice the smoked Italian sausage and add it to a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat and saute the sausage until it is evenly browned (5-7 minutes).
- Chop the onion and add it to the skillet. Continue to saute until the onion has become translucent (3-5 minutes). Add garlic and continue to saute until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add 3 cups of milk to the mixture. Stir to combine and scrape any browned bits off of the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the skillet submerging it under the liquid. Place a lid on the skillet and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender and completely cooked through, stirring every two minutes.
- Stir in frozen package of spinach little by little so the contents don't overflow. Add more once spinach has combined and continue to simmer and thicken the mixture.
- Add slices of cheddar cheese cheese on top and cover for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Stir cheese into mixture. Serve hot.
Kitchen Equipment Used: