Nothing like some simple comfort food; an oven baked chicken and rice casserole.
If there’s one thing we enjoy at Improv Oven, it would be of course, using our oven, and with it, making easy boneless chicken breast recipes. This amazing appliance does all the work for us while we sit back, relax and waft in the aroma as our delicious oven baked chicken bakes to perfection. This recipe is great because it’s EASY. We swear, it’s the simplest dish we’ve created yet.
Chicken, rice, peas, cream of chicken soup, and your favorite spices. That’s it.
The dish is done in one hour, its a truly a quick and easy chicken recipe. Mix it all together, place it in your baking dish, cover it, and you’re done.
Mouthwatering comfort food. It tastes as good as it looks. Enjoy. This will become one of your favorite chicken and rice dishes for dinner.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1½ cups white or brown rice
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup peas (or other favorite vegetables)
- salt and pepper to taste
- favorite seasoning spices
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup, chicken breasts, rice, water and seasonings until well combined.
- Add mixture to a greased medium sized baking dish. Cover dish and place in oven for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.
- If No Cream of Chicken Soup around, make your own! Simmer together 2½ cups chicken broth, 1½ cups milk, ½ cup flour, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, ½tsp pepper for a home made version